Our C02 oils are expertly crafted by gourmet chef and co-owner Josh Keeler. Josh has
developed a process designed to extract cannabinoids while preserving the delicate terpene profiles of each strain. The resulting oils are bursting with complex combinations of flavor and aroma.
CO2 extraction has several advantages over other extraction methods:
- CO2 is nontoxic and is approved by the FDA for use in food products. With CO2 extraction, no toxins, heavy metals, or hydrocarbon materials come in contact with the extracted oils.
- CO2 extraction can be done at temperatures that are native to the
- botanical material, minimizing thermal degradation of the plant material and the extracted oil. For cannabis, this means that the crafter is able to preserve the flavors and aromas of distinct terpene profiles.
- CO2 extraction is adjustable – the solvency power of CO2 can be fine tuned simply by increasing or decreasing pressures and/or temperatures. Since CO2 can selectively extract, the process can create unique extractions that have varying levels of desirable oils and waxes. Less desirable plant constituents, like chlorophyl, can also be de-selected.
- C02 extraction will destroy any microbes (fungus and bacteria) in the cannabis.
- CO2 is environmentally friendly. CO2 used for extractions does not contribute to the overall atmospheric CO2 levels.
How CO2 Extraction Works?
The CO2 extractor pumps pressurized carbon dioxide into a chamber filled with plant matter. When carbon dioxide is subjected to specific pressure increases, it becomes “supercritical” and has liquid properties while remaining in a gaseous state. Because of the liquid properties of the gas, the CO2 functions as a solvent, pulling the oils and other substances such as pigment and resin from the plant matter.